Just like software, it's useful to prototype and validate your IoT project quickly. Unfortunately, not all businesses have a bench of electrical engineers and embedded software developers on staff. That’s why Google has teamed up with Seeed Studio and Beagleboard.org to bring us the BeagleBone Green Wireless IoT Developer prototyping kit for Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Features of the BeagleBone IoT prototyping kit include:
- New improvements to the original BeagleBone Green, including built in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth radios
- A fully open hardware design
- Built-in Grove connectors that allow for prototyping without the need for soldering or complex breadboard work
- Built-in onboard flash that lets you treat SD cards as optional, removable storage
- Built-in PRU real-time co-processors that are well suited for certain industrial protocols
- Built-in analog-to-digital conversion, key for many IoT prototyping situations
With the BeagleBone Green Wireless IoT Developer prototyping kit, you'll be able to get data from the world around you directly onto GCP within minutes. From there, you can use any of our client libraries on the board's familiar Debian Linux operating system.